One of the most notable success stories in American History is Plastics Manufacturing. This industry helped lead the way in economic recovery. Creating hundreds of thousands of jobs, Injection molding is undeniably a vital part of the U.S. economy.
1. Plastics is the 3rd largest manufacturing industry.
2. As a whole Plastics employs nearly 1.4 million people nationally.
3. 16,000 Injection molding/plastic facilities are throughout all 50 states.
4. More than $600 billion in plastics goods are shipped annually.
5. More than $10 billion is spent annually on new capital equipment.
6. The world relies on U.S. plastic manufacturing.
7. The top 3 countries benefiting from American plastics by way of U.S. exports are Mexico, Canada and China.
8. Over the last 25 years the Plastics industry continued to grow with an average annual rate of 0.1%, even during the recessions.
9. Logging $13.1 billion in 2012 the plastics industry enjoyed a sizable trade surplus.
10. 107.5 billion pounds of plastics and resins were manufactured in 2013.
The plastics industry is strong and is only getting stronger, and injection molding will continue to be a driver for the U.S. economy. As a leading injection molding for over 70 years, PM Plastics provides solutions and innovation to our Clients for customized plastic injection products.